Microorganisms are extremely resilient creatures. Scientists say that they appeared on the planet among the first. Even a person will envy their stability in adverse conditions. Mushrooms occupy a special place – and not always honorable – in our lives.
Fungi are widely distributed in the environment. They live in the soil, on plants, parasitize animals and humans. According to the nature of pathogenicity (danger), fungi are divided into monopathogenic, causing disease only in animals (zoophilic) or in humans (anthropophilic), and polypathogenic, capable of infecting both. Fungi pathogenic for humans that affect the skin and nail plates are also called dermatophytes, and diseases are called dermatomycosis.
Actually, the fungus is the colloquial name for a number of infectious diseases of the skin (mycoses) and nails (onychomycosis), which are caused by pathogenic fungi and are transmitted from person to person.
Terbinorm spray has a wide spectrum of antifungal activity. In small concentrations, terbinafine has a fungicidal effect against dermatophytes (Trychophyton rubrum, Trychophyton mentagrophytes, Trychophyton verrucosum, Trychophyton violaceum, Trychophyton tonsurans, Microsporum canis, Epidermophyton floccosum), molds (mainly Candida albicans) and some dimorphic fungi (Pityrosporum orbiculare).
Activity against yeast fungi, depending on their type, can be fungicidal or fungistatic. Terbinorm spray is also characterized by an antibacterial effect.
Advantages of Terbinorm Spray:
- European quality of Terbinorm spray from the manufacturer “ROTAPHARM LIMITED” (Great Britain) at an affordable price for domestic consumers.
- The wide spectrum of action of the drug allows it to be used as an empirical therapy.
- Terbinorm spray does not interact with other drugs, which allows it to be used in combination with other drugs.
- Terbinorm spray, due to the content of 96% ethanol, has a drying effect, which can be used for foot mycosis with skin hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating).
- Terbinorm spray accumulates in the cells of the epidermis and has an antifungal effect for another 7 days after discontinuation of the drug. This significantly reduces the cost of treatment.
Terbinorm spray is an antifungal drug for external use in any clinical manifestations of a fungal infection.